Many of my new clients over the years have enquired about the actual process that is followed for a web development project from the start to end. I am putting that down in this post. Knowing the details of each step helps prevent surprises and enable stakeholders/clients to better manage the project and helps the developers to set right expectations.
The detailed process is as follows:
- We will start with clarifying your requirements and getting detailed info from you about various aspects of the site
- Next, we will start with the Logo design(if thats included in your package). 4-5 logo mockups will be created and presented to you for review and comments. Based on your comments we will modify the chosen mockup to match your needs
- Next, we will start with the home page design, 2-3 unique mockups(depends on your package) will be created and presented to you for review and comments. Based on your comments, we will modify the chosen mockup to match your needs
- Once the designs are approved, we will proceed with slicing(converting the design to xHTML/CSS). The markups created (xHTML/CSS) are W3C validated and tested across all major browsers.
- The actual development starts, based on the items for development, an initial round of items are developed and the site is hosted in our Test Server for your initial review.
- The review comments are worked out, any remaining portion of the site is completed and present to you in Test Server for final review.
- Any further issues/corrections/customizations are worked out.
- The final approved version of the site is delivered to you or hosted in your live hosting if you have one.
- We also provide a brief user doc that will guide you through the basic steps on how to use the site
- Please also note, we provide 6 months support for any issues found in our work
This 10 steps should help you get a better idea of our Web development process. In case you have any queries/clarifications, please feel free to contact us.